Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Procrastination Diaries

No work or love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.
                                                                                     - Alan Watts
 
I had written this some time this year in the back of a notebook. I don't know much about this Alan Watts person, but he seems to know a lot about me, since he's basically talking directly to me with that quote.
2 days for my first deadline (of 2 papers and 2 exams), a seminar paper. Matlab, M.A toh mazak hai na bhenchod.

A sticky note on my screen (under the heading 'After exams', along with 'watch Extreme Ghostbusters') says 'be more like Mike Brodie'
Mike Brodie is a photographer, also known as the Polaroid Kidd. You have probably seen this photograph (which is probably in the dictionary next to the word "punx") floating around on the internet.
He's 28. These are his friends and people he met while traveling with his polaroid camera (now a Nikon) since a young age. They're crusties, hobos, trainhoppers, kids.These are some of the others:


 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

sapera said...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fdcac0cc4782f7a0231a1a4c2f13d33a/tumblr_mhvih5C9D41rfbheko1_500.jpg

Queer Fish said...

This iz not a phaze mom, its who I rly am.
Portlandia reference, very good.

sapera said...

it's not a "reference" son, it's who I rly am.

Post a Comment