Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tumblr style

Hello! My head is all foggy because of a fever. And I have made it worst by running between bathrooms to get conditioner etc (when I was told by mommy dearest not to have a bath in the first place) and also by dancing to the Smiths (the basslines! The homoerotic lyrics! They compel me). So here is a blog in tumblr style (with lots of random pictures) Weekend was
which was fucking brilliant. And as usual implied S & I working with these:
I had some pictures from the first day but they're all kind of crap.
I found red tights in Sarojini which reminded me of this painting

but mostly of this cripplingly beautiful woman
What a tease.
Belmondo and her are crazy buggers
Weekend also implied a lot of this:
I also met a very wise 48 year old man and a very cool 12 year old girl. Those adjectives work for both of them, in fact.
Which has got me watching this again:



Mugen is fucking hot.
One day in particular felt a bit like 
Though I'm not sure if I'm William or one of the girls.
There were also certain moments (people) which made me want to do this:
Thank you again, Ms. Karina, except I was wearing these:



Now my family has descended upon my house in a time where I just want to retreat into my cave. The 6 foot tall 13 year old was in my room all of last night playing Resident Evil. There was a rustic sufi-jagrata type thing going on in the neighbourhood and the ladies were watching soaps loudly. I was twisting in my mother's bed listening to these guys:
and coughing and wheezing and trying very hard to breathe. 
Now I'm feeling slightly better. Thanks to
 
+ 


So here I am writing inane things because there isn't anyone to talk to. 
I love empty houses.
I'm going to get back to my 

and


But to end here's something that I read (here) by one of my favourite directors that made me feel better about being a "slacker". About not being at all prepared for the "real" world (fuck, not even being ready for entrance tests or exams). 

Watching three movies a day and reading doesn't sound productive, but it got me here
- Richard Linklater



10 comments:

sapera said...

I had/(ve) a cold too! what is with everyone's schiele love this week?!

Queer Fish said...

Who else has been displaying Schiele love?

sapera said...

oh, my friend paul. and someone else on facebook, i can't remember who, maybe it's the next rehashed hipster wave? hope your cold's better now. the gen x book is fascinating, ima get a copy asap.

sapera said...

it's so ironic that your angst is about being a slacker, when technically you really are a millenial. I am too, i guess. We need to band together to stave off the material whore zombies.

girl in the dirty shirt said...

so, you resort to bleak russian literature and godard when you have a cold? I do the same thing! haha. i finished dead souls (although not so bleak as notes from underground) over 2 days with a nasty cold. anyway. those tights=sex. also. you know what always cracks me up when a day is particularly depressing? that 1 sec when you go "oh!.." in meera. haha

girl in the dirty shirt said...

also, Slacker is one of the coolest movies ever, actually napoleon dynamite is.

Queer Fish said...

Saptarshi, I sort of resent some of his generalizations about millennials :D every generation thinks they're better than the previous one. But it was an interesting book (found it in a discount bin at a diwali mela in Noida. I still insist that N town is a great place to find obscure cool books). I agree with quite a bit of what he says.
Namit, YES! They are my comfort. Bleak Russian literature is the best. Haven't read any Gogol though. I got a lot of "oh, there's a down on her luck hooker" looks in the metro with those tights, and the trilby. Napoleon Dynamite is brilliant. My OH is the best. :D In fact, I'm pretty hilarious throughout that film. Specially that fucking close up that Arun insisted on shooting a million times when I look like a homeless Nick Drake/Oliver Twist and I'm hearing voices and shit. :D

The magpie said...

loved Loved LOVED this post V! red tights are the BEST (all tights but red ones particularly ;p) haha..u guys are talking about Gogol and i'm all about the red tights. ahahahaha. what did u expect man..RED TIGHTS!

Queer Fish said...

Haha, I miss you man! Come back and we can wear our red tights together. Then we'll be one of those matchy-matchy couples and we'll freak out the dumbshits in college.

The magpie said...

ahahahaha! that'll be hilarious!

Post a Comment