Thursday, April 3, 2014

Weekday Rants

Late for meeting, keep waking up these days every few hours in the morning and going back to sleep. Took the metro to fucking Cyberhub again for the 100th time this week. The same ad for Hyundai has played for the 15th time since I've been here. Waiting for the others now. Felt very sorry for myself last night, swigging cough syrup and peppermint tea, feeling blurry and listening to Codeine. Watched Miss Lovely that fucked me (but it was good, set in a world similar to Dirty Picture, but not a glammed up masala version, but a version that makes you actually feel dirty, and privy to something you shouldn't be seeing but are fascinated by) up so I watched a Big Star doc to make myself feel better and swigged some more Codeine.
The Big Star doc is so good because it has an element of 'Colour Me Obsessed' in that the story is told through other people who love the music, it has a history of the time, the labels and other people surrounding the band that were important to the story (like Jim Dickinson and William Eggleston, I really want to meet him. Saw his pictures at the Tate with Nittu last year and I distinctly remember the greens and there was one where you could see a face in a rearview. He seems like such a wonderful person who would be so full of stories. And he looks dapper and has wrinkly hands and smokes in slow motion). Neither does the doc evangelize Alex Chilton (though it does focus on him quite a bit) while taking away from everyone else, it shows how crucial Chris Bell was to the whole story as the initial talent and drive behind Big Star and Number 1 Record (which is one of those 'Perfect Albums') and how different his and Alex's later stuff was. The punk side of Chilton.
I'm in love with this song (had to make that reference, sorry)

Finally got some sleep on my sick/off day, cant say I'm entirely rejuvenated but feeling better. The autowala was the first person I spoke to and I realised my voice still sounded croaky and muffled. I hate meetings, specially when they're as pointless as this one turned out to be. Reminded me so much of my M.A, academic types discussing without having a clear intention and getting nowhere and wasting our time. Its not that I've become anti-intellectual, its just that I now appreciate a little less conversation and a little more action. I need a clear brief in order to make something. And there was another equally pointless meeting after that one.
Today is one of those days when I don't really want to say anything to anyone or be around anyone. But at work somehow through the day my mood mellows and we're back to bakchodoing.
We've just been told that we have a bunch of work coming in the next couple of months and we need to all make sacrifices in terms of our time off and personal lives. And to that I say, what time off and personal life, I'm already all in.
Although the timing couldn't be worse since Dev is coming into town the coming week and all measure of bhasad is to be expected. I guess I'll have to juggle the craziness and turn up to work at a time when people's asses are on the line. I just hope I don't have weekend shoots lined up.
We have also been promised that once the hurdles of these new projects are crossed we will all get some time off, that I'm looking forward to, because I really do want to go somewhere, I keep dreaming of long drives and going anywhere, because Ma is in the England and that's what we did last time.
These days I'm writing here just for myself, not that any of this is very interesting to anyone else because I'm too lazy to put pen to paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment