I've just started working (interning rather) at a place where everyone has certain skills that I don't (editing being the one department where I am totally lacking). So there are moments where I look around me and feel like this is what I'm doing:
I've been super afraid of fucking up or of not being able to contribute anything and I know I'm the least important thing there (after a creepy stuffed poltergeist dog). But tomorrow I have to sit in on a meeting where we're going to pitch a concept I wrote to a client (clients! Adulthood!). And that feels kind of good. And I'm excited about being there and actually doing things and the possibility that I'll pick up those skills that these people (who are mostly my age, some younger some older) have, and not to be fucking around on youtube (although sometimes the job involves fucking around on youtube).
Tonight on the last metro, till about INA there was a bunch of college kids playing antakshari. I sent my bros a video on whatsapp and Dev texted me that she was on the metro coming towards me and we met up at Rajiv chowk (where she totally destroyed the good working girl image that aunty I was chatting with had of me).
They're all going to leave next week. And then I'm going to be like my boyfriend Ginzo and have no interests or friends and instead I talk back to my laptop.
I've been super afraid of fucking up or of not being able to contribute anything and I know I'm the least important thing there (after a creepy stuffed poltergeist dog). But tomorrow I have to sit in on a meeting where we're going to pitch a concept I wrote to a client (clients! Adulthood!). And that feels kind of good. And I'm excited about being there and actually doing things and the possibility that I'll pick up those skills that these people (who are mostly my age, some younger some older) have, and not to be fucking around on youtube (although sometimes the job involves fucking around on youtube).
They're all going to leave next week. And then I'm going to be like my boyfriend Ginzo and have no interests or friends and instead I talk back to my laptop.

No comments:
Post a Comment