So this morning there was a centipede in my bathroom which I brutally murdered with the water pusher. The day started with me accruing bad karma, anyway I had a bad mojo type feeling as I went for our handing over ceremony. I found out when I got there that apparently I have 50% attendance (you need 66.6%) so basically the creepy crawly (and Ricky Ponting) had put a hex on me. K and I (in pretty much the same situation) ran around to beg for our 3 lectures of ECA, go to Zamrudpur to get our slips photocopied. Being tossed around in the mosh pit of college administration is not something I was used to (at least not for this). My profs were sympathetic though 'What can we do, the system is like that. We'll try our best, you've been regular for the past 2 terms. 3rd term I think you got disillusioned with class and stopped coming'. Hit the nail on the head, MB, but I was also stupid and lazy. So now I have to go to college all of next week and show my face and hope that the fact that when I did come to class and paid full attention counts for something. What's the point of 'academic exellence' if you can't give the exam. Well, I'm hoping it'll be ok. Otherwise I'll have to learn how to cry, in case I have to go meet the Powers That Be. I know there's no point in raging against the machine, it's a ridiculous system but I was stupid to just not go because I didn't feel like it (also dentist, fest, fever). I was thinking of neglecting to tell my mother but I saw her bovine motherly Nirupa Roy face and felt guilty so I just neglected to tell her how much I was short by. As usual she made the silent disappointment face, (ref. Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum). I just hope it works out, which it probably will. So why am I here? Because I like throwing messages in bottles out into the world, it makes me feel better.
Alright now I gotta go play dress up and tell girls how pretty they look and shit.
PS: This song is what I listen to in such situations a lot.
Alright now I gotta go play dress up and tell girls how pretty they look and shit.
PS: This song is what I listen to in such situations a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment