5 cups of coffee today and my nervous habit of chewing my lip is taking over and Chris Adler can probably keep time to my manic heartbeat. On the way home my head was throbbing with ideas. The projekt is now seeming like an exciting venture and not a burden. Need to start shooting rightaway. At home, I decided I need to chillthefuckout a bit, sitting with some OJ in the sun.
Though for us little fish there's still the task of running door to door with a katora in our hands, the whoring of ourselves to corporate dalals may go smoother with help from experienced social climbers. I'm still trying to make my way through the sex, drugs and raga-roll of the zenana, bumping into "Bano-Begams" and "-Mahals" trying to make some sense of it all. The past is always top priority.
The attempt at articulating the present has to get underway soon though. Soundtracking my thought process are the iridescent (uh-huh) Shaa'ir + Func (who we saw at the Lalit this weekend). This song:
Though for us little fish there's still the task of running door to door with a katora in our hands, the whoring of ourselves to corporate dalals may go smoother with help from experienced social climbers. I'm still trying to make my way through the sex, drugs and raga-roll of the zenana, bumping into "Bano-Begams" and "-Mahals" trying to make some sense of it all. The past is always top priority.
The attempt at articulating the present has to get underway soon though. Soundtracking my thought process are the iridescent (uh-huh) Shaa'ir + Func (who we saw at the Lalit this weekend). This song:
(and specially the video) says a lot of what I've been trying to say (the other thing I'm trying to say is this )
It's a song about their city, but in a way about our city too, or yours. It could be about a person, I guess but for me it depicts the moments of clarity in a chaotic world when you start to see the beauty around and inside you. Like laughter that's waiting to burst forth. Where anxiety turns into optimism. When you're stuck in a traffic jam with your best friend, getting late for a movie and your swagger song comes on. When the universe rewards you for your slack (Cosmos, take note! Stop positively reinforcing me for such behaviour).
When you run your fingers through freshly cropped hair, stare into the sun and imagine the person you might just become.
5 comments:
Uff, WHAT an ending,bro.toooo much articulate you are! our swagger song rules.
Haha, so funny that this was just a few hours ago. Abhi sara optimism thap. Meri माँ + बहन = 1 ho rahi hai.
Zeher si zindagi and all, bro.
haha. still have that song stuck in your head? by the way, the white stripes broke up for good.
i read you script, its really good, cant wait to see it :)
you have a script? i got x saves the world from the library btw. there's something I wanted to tell you too but i forgot. you should be online moar.
Namits, I'm glad you like it. Shit hasn't been working out at all for us. Last year even when we were getting fucked, it didn't seem that bad. I remember during Tarang you and I were wandering around and making snide comments about people. And I remember spending a substantial amount of time alone in the front lawn, reading. It was way less hectic, man.
(and yes, the White Stripes breaking up is a real shame, I love those two)
Saptarshi, it's not a real script it's just a thing... I don't really feel like coming online these days. All I have to do online is check whether any sponsors replied, which they didn't so that's a drag.
Post a Comment